The new Helmet line-up for this year is out from Troy Lee Designs! As always they never stop spending all their hours on new, astounding designs and of course, they look the business!
So feast your eyes and get your wallet ready!
Aggressive AM half shell lid
The A1 helmet is our main target here since it fits our category best and we’re currently testing one of them for a long term review for soon.
Presented by TLD as an aggressive all-mountain half shell lid, it features all the goodness of mr T. design, plus a lot of technical stuff:
- Reinforced polycarbonate shell in-molded with the EPS liner extends down the sides and back of the head for maximum protection and durability
- 8 pressurized intake passages draw in cool air for maximum ventilation
- 8 rear vacuum vortex outlets help exhaust and draw heat from head
- Triple position adjustable retention system allows customized fit for various eyewear, head shape and riding styles
- Single piece, ultra plush, removable and washable comfort liner made of anti-microbial moisture wicking material for a dry, comfortable feel
- Full spectrum adjustable moto inspired visor with anodized aluminum hardware
- Race inspired styling
A Lightweight Racing Specific Helmet
As per TLD’s description:
The D2 is the benchmark in the full-face bicycle helmet market. With its legendary TLD style, this helmet has been the choice of more championship winning riders than any other. Astonishingly light in weight and incredibly strong, the D2 is the perfect helmet for BMX, mountain biking, and even other action sports like snowboarding. This year’s D2 features all new designs with the same protection and comfort features that made it so popular.
- Lightweight aerospace composite shell.
- High-flow ventilation system incorporated into shell and liner.
- 7 intake ports over top, forehead and chin areas guide airflow past rider’s head for maximum ventilation.
- 4 exhaust vents release hot air ensuring an even flow of cool air throughout the helmet’s interior.
- Removable and washable comfort liner and cheek pads.
- Machined cross-top aluminum visor screws.
- Adjustable Orbit visor allows for custom height placement.
- Large eye port allows for easy fitting of all goggle shapes and sizes.
- Super soft helmet sock included.
The Industry Benchmark
The world famous D3 helmet, the helmet choice for more champion downhill, BMX, enduro racers than any other helmet. Troy Lee raised the bar for full face head protection, by integrating next-level safety devices and making functional improvements to the game changing D2 helmet.
- Technologically advanced aerospace composite shell construction.
- Inner dual-density shock pad system helps absorb smaller impacts, withstands multiple hits and add greater durability for the single impact absorbing EPS liner.
- 14 intake ports over forehead, brow and chin areas guide airflow past rider’s head for maximum ventilation.
- 6 high-flow exhaust vents release hot air ensuring an even flow of cool air throughout the helmet’s interior.
- Removable and washable comfort liner with Coolmax® and Dri-Lex® materials.
- Corrosion resistant titanium D-ring chin strap fastener for superior strength.
- Fully adjustable visor for custom height placement.
- Machined titanium visor screws for reduced weight.
- D3 helmet bag and 2 D3 color-matching visors included.
Although this all look fantastic to us, we understand that in the world of all mountain/enduro – where everyone seems to be keen for stealth or bold solid colors on their bikes and kits – the highly complex MotoX style graphics and the huge number before the €, make sure TLD helmets are highly exclusive and are not for everyone’s heads.
Troy Lee makes some of the coolest best looking technology foward kits ,it’s not sized for every wallet but sure deserve the extra work hour for the extra buck.
Extra buck, but you’ll get what you paid for!